Gundry MD Lectin Shield is a unique blend of potent compounds formulated to help your body eliminate lectin proteins, present in many plant-based foods. Lectins can interfere with your digestion, energy, and overall health.
With Lectin Shield, Dr. Gundry has integrated 9 powerful ingredients known to target and block lectins in everyday food. It’s designed to be taken with meals.
The Complete Guide to Gundry MD Lectin Shield: Ingredients, Benefits and How to Use
What Is Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Gundry MD Lectin Shield is a dietary supplement designed to help protect against potentially harmful lectins commonly found in plants. Lectin Shield contains a blend of compounds that work together to help block lectins from disrupting the digestive system.
The supplement aims to help promote gut health, support the immune system, ease feelings of gas and bloating, and aid against unhealthy food cravings.*†
Lectin Shield is a great option for those looking to support their gut health.
What Are The Ingredients In Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Gundry MD Lectin Shield contains nine powerful active ingredients:
- N Acetyl D-Glucosamine
- Okra (fruit) Extract
- Sodium Alginate
- Vegetable Peptase
- Larch Arabinogalactans
Each of these ingredients has unique properties that can positively impact the body in different ways.
Potential Benefits Of Using Gundry MD Lectin Shield
Gundry MD Lectin Shield works by targeting the activity of dangerous lectin proteins and other harmful substances.
Here are some of the specific potential benefits of each of the potent ingredients found in Gundry MD Lectin Shield:
N Acetyl D-Glucosamine
N Acetyl D-Glucosamine binds to harmful wheat lectins which have been associated with joint issues. This lectin blocker is a popular ingredient in many joint health supplements.1,2†
Bladderwrack is a powerful variety of seaweed that’s been shown in studies to bind to lectins.3†
D-Mannose is a potent natural compound that’s able to bind to specific lectins in legumes (a lectin-rich food).4†
Okra (fruit) Extract
Okra is often cited as a strong “lectin blocker” because it’s a source of raw polysaccharide (RPS), a powerful compound that binds to multiple lectins. Okra is also a rich source of polyphenols and has shown powerful antioxidant and anti-fatigue properties.5,6†
Sialic acid found in mucin binds to lectin-containing foods, including those found in wheat and several types of berries. Mucin also helps to form a “slippery” protective barrier inside the digestive tract.7,8*†
Sodium alginate acts as a “fecal bulking agent,” which can help make bathroom visits more comfortable.9*†
Lectins inhibit peptidase, a crucial enzyme that your body uses to break down proteins in food. Vegetable peptidase can assist in protein digestion and help counteract the digestive effects of lectins.10*†
Foods containing lectins have been tied to joint discomfort, and MSM has been shown to be a powerful means for helping reduce joint discomfort — especially when used in combination with N-Acetyl D Glucosamine.11,12*†
Arabinogalactan has been shown to support butyrate production in gut bacteria. Butyrate nourishes your gut lining, which is your first line of defense against destructive lectins.13,14†
How To Use Gundry MD Lectin Shield
Step 1: Take The Correct Dose Of Lectin Shield
Lectin Shield comes in the form of easy-to-swallow capsules.
It’s recommended that you take two capsules of Lectin Shield, twice daily. That means that you’ll be taking four capsules in total each day.
For best results, take Lectin Shield with your two largest meals of the day, and remember that consistency is absolutely key to experience the best results.
Always take the supplement with a full glass of water. This will help the supplement to dissolve and be better absorbed by the body.
Step 2: Raise Your Shield Level
If you want to support your intestinal health and help shield yourself from harmful lectins, you can “raise your shield level” when using Gundry MD Lectin Shield.
- Take the recommended dosage as directed on the label: at least four capsules per day, two per sitting, with your two largest daily meals.
- Take the supplement consistently: Consistency is the key to achieving optimum benefits of Lectin Shield. Dr. Steven Gundry emphasizes that the effectiveness of this product lies in how consistently you are taking it.
By following these steps, you can help “raise your shield level” of defense against lectins and help support your overall health.*†
Remember to always consult your doctor before beginning any new supplements.
How Is Gundry MD Lectin Shield Different From Other Lectin-Blocking Supplements?*†
The biggest difference between Gundry MD Lectin Shield and other gut health supplements is that the formula contains scientifically backed ingredients to help support your gut health – with no added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
Lectin Shield is also unique because it’s designed as a 3-in-1 formula to help:
- Support intestinal health
- Ease instances of occasional gas and bloating
- Manage cravings for unhealthy lectin-filled foods
Who Should Take Gundry MD Lectin Shield?*†
Gundry MD Lectin Shield is for anyone who wants help with:
- Regular, comfortable digestion with less gas and bloating
- Better controlled “junk” food cravings
- More comfortable joint mobility
Is There A Money-Back Guarantee For Gundry MD Lectin Shield?
Gundry MD offers a 90-day purchase price guarantee on all of its supplements to provide peace of mind on your purchase. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the product, you can return the unused portion within 90 days for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping, no questions asked.
*Individual results can and will vary.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.Sources
- Cederberg BM, Gray GR. N-Acetyl-D-glucosamine binding lectins. A model system for the study of binding specificity. Anal Biochem. Oct 15, 1979; 99 (1): 221-30. DOI:10.1016/0003-2697(79)90067-8. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0003269779900678)
- Freed DLJ. Do dietary lectins cause disease? BMJ. Apr 17, 1999; 318 (7190): 1023-4. DOI: 10.1136/bmj.318.7190.1023. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1115436/)
- Houser J, Komarek J, Kostlanova N, et. al. A soluble fucose-specific lectin from Aspergillus fumigatus conidia–structure, specificity and possible role in fungal pathogenicity. PLoS One. Dec 10, 2013; 8 (12): e83077. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0083077. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3858362/)
- Hankins CN, Kindinger JI, Shannon LM. Legume Lectins: I. Immunological Cross-Reactions between the Enzymic Lectin from Mung Beans and other Well Characterized Legume Lectins. Plant Physiol. Jul 1979; 64 (1): 104-7. DOI: 10.1104/pp.64.1.104. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16660894/)
- Wu AM, Jiang YJ, Hwang PY, Shen FS. Characterization of the okra mucilage by interaction with Gal, GalNAc and GlcNAc specific lectins. Biochim Biophys Acta. Feb 23, 1995; 1243 (2): 157-60. DOI: 10.1016/0304-4165(94)00130-P. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/030441659400130P)
- Xia F, Zhong Y, Li M, et. al. Antioxidant and Anti-Fatigue Constituents of Okra. Nutrients. Oct 26, 2015; 7 (10): 8846-58. DOI: 10.3390/nu7105435. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26516905/)
- McGuckin MA, Lindén SK, Sutton P, Florin TH. Mucin dynamics and enteric pathogens. Nat Rev Microbiol. Apr 2011; 9 (4): 265-78. DOI: 10.1038/nrmicro2538. (https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro2538)
- Lehmann F, Tiralongo E, Tiralongo J. Sialic acid-specific lectins: occurrence, specificity and function. Cell Mol Life Sci. Jun 2006; 63 (12): 1331-54. DOI: 10.1007/s00018-005-5589-y. (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00018-005-5589-y)
- Anderson DM, Brydon WG, Eastwood MA, Sedgwick DM. Dietary effects of sodium alginate in humans. Food Addit Contam. May-Jun 1991; 8 (3): 237-48. DOI: 10.1080/02652039109373974. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1778263/)
- Liener I, ed., Sharon N, ed., Goldstein IJ, ed. The Lectins: Properties, Functions, and Applications in Biology and Medicine. New York, NY. Academic Press; 1986: 541.
- Freed DLJ at 1023-4. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1115436/)
- Usha PR, Naidu MU. Randomised, Double-Blind, Parallel, Placebo-Controlled Study of Oral Glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane and their Combination in Osteoarthritis. Clin Drug Investig. Jun 2004; 24 (6): 353-63. DOI: 10.2165/00044011-200424060-00005. (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17516722/)
- Polysaccharide breakdown by mixed populations of human faecal bacteria. FEMS Microbiol Lett. May 1987; 45 (3): 163-171. DOI: 10.1016/0378-1097(87)90013-9. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0378109787900139)
- VanHook AM. Butyrate benefits the intestinal barrier. Sci Signal. May 26, 2015; 8 (378): ec135. DOI: 10.1126/scisignal.aac619. (https://www.science.org/doi/abs/10.1126/scisignal.aac6198)
Lectin Shield Reviews
No more bloating. I’ve lost eight pounds in three weeks on Dr. Gs diet.
It’s been 2 weeks and I feel so much better, the bloating is gone. Also noticed my craving are less too!
Sometimes I forget to take it, but it is certainly easy enough!
It preformed very well. Love it.
I’ve been taking Lectin Shield for over two weeks now and have noticed improved gastrointestinal function. I have a more stable energy level... I am hopeful that this trend will continue and that I will experience greater improvement over time. I have experienced no adverse effects.
The product is easy to take. I haven't noticed any physiological changes, though.
Good product so far. No side effects that are negative.
It works for me. Since I have started taking the Lectin Shield the constant itching of my torso has lessened considerably or stopped completely on certain days.
I eat on an average of 4-6 fresh fruits and vegetables per day. Before taking lectin shield, my hands were sore and stiff. Making a fist was impossible. Three days after lectin shield, the soreness and stiffness began to subside. Within a week, all function returned to my hands. I can even eat nightshades with no consequences. I’m sold on this product and will never stop taking it.